Getting your car ready for a road trip can take as low as 10 minutes. Here is a quick road trip checklist in order to help ensure your vehicle’s safety and reliability for your travel:
- Check all fluids like engine oil, power steering, brake, transmission, and antifreeze or coolant.
- Check all the hoses and belts. A belt that fails can affect the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering in addition to the cooling system.
- Check tire inflation and inspect the tread for uneven wear. Get an alignment if needed.
- Check all exterior and interior lights.
- Check the wiper blades and ensure the windshield wipers are working properly. Keep the reservoir full of solvent.
This quick pre-trip inspection will help in reducing your chances of costly and potentially dangerous road trouble. Drive safe and enjoy your summer road trip!