Your car’s battery can fail for many reasons, including extended lack of use, interior lights left on, or cold weather. No matter the cause, having a dead car battery can derail your plans and leave you stranded. Replacing a battery can be a lengthy process for which you may not have the time. Fortunately, you can get a car jump start from Chilliwack Towing. We guarantee a 15 min ETA so you don’t have to worry about being late to your destination. As well, our professional tow truck drivers are trained to assist in any situation possible.
A jump start is when another vehicle is placed facing forward towards each other. The driver will need to connect cables from the working battery to the inactive one. When the working battery is started, it can jolt or jump start the dead car battery back to life.
Possible reasons why your car battery has died:
- Leaving headlights, interior lights, flashers, and the radio on when the car isn’t running.
- Using the air conditioner when the car is not running.
- Not starting a car for long periods of time (e.g., while it’s in storage).
- Lack of battery maintenance (e.g., not keeping terminals clean).
- Failure of the diode bridge or voltage regulator in the alternator; the alternator charges the battery when the car is running.
- Low air temperature, which causes batteries to freeze.
How to save your car battery:
- Keep it clean! Everything works better when clean, and that goes for car batteries. The terminals are a common spot for corrosion buildup, blocking the current from passing from the battery to the cables. You can scrape it away with a screwdriver or pliers, or call a professional if it looks serious.
- Avoid short trips. This is especially true for cold climates, where starting the car is extra taxing on the battery. But it holds in warmer places as well: the less often you start the car, the less work the battery has to do.
- Wrap it up. If there’s some extra room around the battery, consider installing an insulation blanket. The plastic sheet will keep the battery warm in the winter and cool in the summer, greatly extending its life.
- Brush it off. You may not know it, but dirt and other gunk on the casing of your battery can actually drain its power. It’s a simple fix; just use a damp rag to keep it squeaky clean.
If your battery dies and you need emergency roadside assistance, connect with our emergency experts 24/7: +1 (604) 792-7092
Service locations: Chilliwack, Hope, Rosedale, Harrison Hot Springs, Agassiz, Abbotsford, Sardis and Cultus Lake areas
It’s Never Too Late for Our Emergency Experts
Need a quick fix? If your battery is dead or you have a flat tire, we can give you the jumpstart or tire change you need to get you back on the road and up to speed. Our tow truck drivers are fully licensed, insured, and are trained to diagnose and fix common automobile problems on the spot. All of our drivers are friendly and efficient - they are sure to greet you with a smile and cater to your needs.
Our towing company also offers a speedy and reliable lockout service to help you get back in your car if you’ve accidentally locked yourself outside. Give us a call at (604) 792-7092 any time of the day if you've been locked out or lost your vehicle keys - we offer emergency service 24 hours a day.
We’ll greet you with a smile and the expertise needed to get you where you need to be; whether that’s on the road, off a lot or in your own car. Your vehicle will be completely safe with our towing company, and we can take it to the local garage of your choice.